Monday, 5 January 2015

New Years Eve: Makeup

Here we are, the 5th of January already, and for today's blog post I thought I'd share the makeup I wore for New Years Eve, it's very simple but I really like it!

For my base makeup I used my usual foundation routine, I have blogged about this before HERE, but for the features I wanted to stand out (eyes and lips) the products I used are below.


First off I applied the MAC bronzer through my crease, using the 107 brush by MAC, I absolutely love using this bronzer through my crease as it is a warm toned bronzer and makes my eye colour pop! Afterwards I just used the pressed pigment all over my eyelids to create a beautiful glitter sheen. A tip with the MAC pressed pigments is they are best applied when using your finger! I then added the white eyeliner very subtly on my inner corner to brighten up my eyes.

For the lips I have given a nude and red lip option, but personally I went for the nude lip on New Years Eve as it is quite a bit easier to maintain, and I'm lazy!!












I hope the first 5 days of 2015 have treated you well!
See you Thursday.

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Your makeup always photographs so beautifully! Give me your looks! haha. LOVE the red lip on you!

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I'm always worried it doesn't look great but thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely lovely. You really suit red lipstick too! Such a great look for New Year's eve too! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the neutral eye with the red lip, looks gorgeous!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep the eyes subtle when wearing a bold lip, otherwise I find it to be too much :)

      Delete
  4. this is such a stunning look! so pretty!
    http://helpfulgirlythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked the look :)

      Delete
  5. You look stunning with the red lips!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty makeup look. Red lips suit you so good :)

    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lipstick shade is gorgeous!! I love how red shapes bring blue eyes out and make them look much brighter <3 I also love your brows xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even noticed that it brings out blue eyes! Thanks for pointing it out :) thank you! Xx

      Delete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I love this makeup look! The Smashbox lipsticks are amazing, I have really been loving them throughout this past year! Wishing you all the best in 2015, xx !

    Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Such a lovely comment, they're gorgeous lipsticks aren't they xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig