Thursday, 18 December 2014

Nail Routine + Nails of the Week

Nails of the Week is back!!! I'm so happy about this, and the fact I can start painting my nails AND be able to blog about nail polishes again! These posts have been missing because of the routine I have with my nails. In the last "Nails of the Week" post you will see my nails were very long and I'll explain how I can do this!

My nail routine is I grow them out, paint them etc until they get into a bad state of being stained from the polish and are splitting at the end. I know that sounds awful, BUT they can get to an extremely long length until this starts happening because what I do once they start splitting is cut them all the way down so they are very short, I then keep cutting them short for a month or so, until I am completely rid of any staining or splitting, once they are nice and healthy again I can begin painting and growing them again!

The colour I have picked for this week is a combination of W7's Nail Polish in 160 Ruby with Ciaté's Snow Globe and a random top coat.


My natural nails.

The nail varnishes.

My painted nails.





It may not look it in the photographs, but in real life this combination made my nail varnish look like gel nails! Also the glitter is so shiny, and actually the flakes are exactly the same as those I showed in my DIY Snow Globe post.

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. This combination is super pretty :') perfect for Christmas time with the sparkle! I actually have a similar sparkle polish from Revlon and love it <3

    www.krystelcouture.com | £100 Christmas Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I thought! The glitter flakes look like snow flakes!

      Delete
  2. This is such a pretty color! Whenever I go without painting my nails for a little while, it's so nice to have them painted again!

    Becky, x // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice! When I painted my nails I was also like this is so weird :) x

      Delete
  3. I love the look of gel nails!! This is the perfect Christmas colour & the glitter flakes look so pretty :) x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I so I was really happy when they looked gel!! I love the combination :) x

      Delete
  4. Hi El!
    I am just wondering where you got your blog theme/template from because I am looking for a new one myself and yours is lovely! Please get back to me xxx
    Stephanie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog template is just one on the blogger website under design! And I just played around with it until it was perfect :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love the color♡ sparkles in the nails polish always looks good!^__^

    http://winterwonderlandbouquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color! It is perfect for the holidays!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love adding a little sparkly accent to my nails. This combination of shades is lovely. :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so do I! I thought they'd go well together :)

      Delete
  8. I love that shade so much! You have really nice nails as well, mine split also, but when they are really short so I can't even grow them... bad times!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous isn't! It actually looks different in every light as well! Oh really? I bet there is something you can buy to stop them from splitting!

      Delete
  9. I love the shade of the polish and the glitter is the perfect touch! My nails are quite healthy right now but it's awful when they become brittle! x

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so satisfying when your nails are in good condition! x

      Delete
  10. That's a great nail routine and I really like the two nailpolishes you mixed. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous combo, can't go wrong with red and sparkle!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can't, especially around Christmas!

      Delete
  12. I love this color so much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the nails

    check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig