Monday, 6 October 2014

Nutella Hot Chocolate

I do already have a hot chocolate recipe on my blog but hot chocolate is amazing and so I thought another wouldn't hurt. This one is a little different to my last but still very yummy! Now if you don't like Nutella or hazelnut then this drink is not for you.

I hadn't seen this hot chocolate until the other night when someone posted it on twitter and then I thought I definitely need to make it AND blog it. I found my recipe on wikihow and the steps are very simple.

The ingredients you'll need:

  • Nutella
  • 1 cup of Milk (240ml)
  • Whipped cream and marshmallows (or whatever you use to finish your hot chocolate)
Warning:
Make sure the milk NEVER reaches the boil as this will totally ruin the milk and you'll have to start all over again.

First:

Put your saucepan over a very low heat and pour in a 1/4 of the cup of milk (60ml). Then add in 2 tablespoons of Nutella (I used 1.5 tablespoons as I didn't want it to be too sickly! And I found this to be the perfect amount of Nutella). With the heat at medium-low whisk together your milk and Nutella.

Second:

Slowly pour in the rest of your milk to your saucepan and stir until totally heated through, but, again, make sure the milk NEVER reaches the boil! This is very important!

Third:

Turn off the heat and carefully pour the Nutella drink into your mug of choice.

Fourth:

Add on the toppings to decorate and you're DONE to enjoy!









 

I absolutely loved this hot chocolate recipe and I will 100% be making this again! Especially for cold Winter days!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Great Idea! I never use Nutella for hot chocolate but now i would try this ! Thanks for sharing <3

    Greetings Rabea <3
    www.rabeasbeautytipps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought of it either! But it is so good :) x

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds yummy :) I love nutella so this should be great as a drink!

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this hot chocolate in that case!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, this looks like the most delicious hot chocolate. That mug is pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mug is from Whittard's :) It was so good!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow this looks so yummy! Perfect for Autumn/Winter. I love the little mini marshmallows!! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so good I can't wait to make it again! The marshmallows added a nice taste! X

      Delete
  5. Those photographs look amazing! Thank you for the recipe, it looks great!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it out if you like Nutella!

      Delete
  6. I have never tried Nutella before but this sounds so yummy so I might just try it out :) I love hot chocolate and marshmallows during A/W it makes you feel so cosy and relaxed on cold nights <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard about it until I tried it but it is so so good! Yes it does, I love it! :)

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness! i can't wait to get home and try this out!! brill post xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post,it's soo nice :)
    xoxo
    Antonella :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW, super innovative, thanks for sharing

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've seen this recipe anywhere either- absolutely in love with it- I shall too be sure to make this often in winter :) Thanks for letting us know about it. Followed via gfc #52, hope you can follow back. xx Maja
    - http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will be making this all the time! Xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig