Thursday, 23 October 2014

Mascara Routine

Due to the fact that my blog posts are posted every Monday and Thursday at 11:00am that means when this gets posted it is officially my 19th birthday!!! That also means Monday's post will be the hair and makeup I did for my birthday.

I have officially decided to do a mascara routine due to the lovely comments and questions I get about my eyelashes. Now I have posted the products I use in several different posts but this will show the exact products I use as well as how I use them, step by step.

The Products:

The Steps:


First:

This step is absolutely necessary for me as although I have naturally long eyelashes (thanks to dad's genes) they are also very naturally straight, therefore I have to curl them. I use the Primark £1 eyelash curlers and these work perfectly for me.

Second:

I apply a coat of the Jordana mascara on my bottom lashes first, then after that I apply 1 coat of the Maybelline mascara to my curled top lashes. I use a waterproof mascara as the first coat due to the fact waterproof mascara holds the curl.

Third:

I then apply a coat of the Topshop mascara to my top lashes for some volume and length.

Fourth:

I finally apply some more Jordana mascara on my bottom lashes and a tiny bit on the top lashes and then I am done.


Now that seems a lot but it really really takes no time at all! And you could probably use the Jordana mascara OR the Topshop mascara, you don't need them both, I use the Topshop one as it was a gift from my amazing friend Beth! (Whose YouTube channel you can check out HERE)










(I know a few people may not like how I do my lashes as everyone has different opinions, however I love to have bold dark lashes as I feel this really opens up my eyes, and I don't like how my eyes look when I don't use this routine.)

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. looks amazing.. I need that mascara

    great blog post

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this make-up is so pretty!! Love your lipstick shade and I have used this mascara and the falsies one and love them! <3 Happy Birthday! hope you had a wonderful day xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Half way through the birthday and the family is about to arrive so it will soon be fairly hectic! Xx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I never really thought of using two different mascaras at the same time... Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've never used one mascara alone, haven't found one that works perfectly for me!

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful eye colour!

    www.chionebrasiliahardy.blogspot.co.uk

    Chione XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally haha! thanks for sharing :) happy birthday bday enjoy x

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I'd better do a post with so many people asking! It was yesterday, busy but hectic thank you :) x

      Delete
  6. I personally don't suit uber dark eyelashes but seriously girl against your blue eyes it looks amazing on you! Love the lip colour you're wearing in the photos too :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah right! See I don't think my eyes look at all nice without the darker lashes! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  7. You have amazing eyes and I really like how you did your eyelashes, hope you had a happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I did have a good birthday thankyou!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Found the mascara you used! Looks amaze, I really need to start trying to layer mine :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found what you needed :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig