Monday, 23 February 2015

Timeless Truth - Charcoal Detox Brightening Mask Review

Before we get into the review of the face mask I want to both pre-warn and apologise about the photo of me in the mask as it is quite scary! Also there will be an over-use of the word mask, I can feel it already.

I have never tried a mask like this before and so when Beauty Masks sent me this one I was extremely excited to try it out! Beauty Masks, a UK based company, has created 2 main categories of fusion masks and luxury masks, and with these 2 categories there are many different types of masks. The difference between fusion and luxury is to do with the cloth, fusion is non-woven and luxury has elasticity, bio cellulose and silk fibre.

You can follow Beauty Masks - Timeless Masks HERE on twitter, and I will say the contact via email was so quick, very impressed! 

The mask I am trying out today is, as the title suggests, the "Charcoal Detox Brightening Mask". When you open the packet you have the mask folded inside, with plastic protecting the one side that goes on your face and some excess serum at the bottom. The fantastic thing about this mask is there is so much serum you can easily use it more than once! Just be sure to place it in the fridge and use it within a couple of days. If you want the mask to be refreshing place in the fridge or place in warm water before use to be more pampering and comforting. 

Putting the mask on was weird but so so easy, however folding it up and putting it back in the packet was tricky! Before using this mask be sure to wash your face and then apply the mask for 15-20 minutes! You will notice there is one lighter side and one dark side, be sure to place the dark coloured side on your face. 

I then took it off my face, rubbed in the excess and I must admit my face felt so unbelievably soft, this was amazing considering how horribly dry my skin actually is at the moment! The charcoal mask is for brightening, smoothing and hydrating the face, which it 100% did do!! 

Overall, I think this mask is fantastic, especially for the amazing price of £4.95, as you can re-use it.




Hope the photo on me with the face mask wasn't too terrifying for you!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Ohh the pattern of this Sheet Mask is very cute and fun compared to standard ones! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds amazing! For years I've been searching for perfect masks that would do well with my skin. And this one sounds great, but for now I'm into DIY masks. And my favourite one is chocolate one. (http://limitedweekend.blogspot.com/2015/02/diy-chocolate-face-mask.html)

    But great post, love the little creepy photo.
    Lots of love!
    N.Z.

    http://limitedweekend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried making my own face mask, probably should! Aha well I wanted to show the mask on my face somehow but unfortunately there was no way to pull a nice face!

      Delete
  3. I have never tried a face mask which looks like this, I usually go for the ones that scrub off. This definitely looks like something I should try! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the same as me! Yes you should :) x

      Delete
  4. I've been waiting to find a mask just like this one - it sounds just what I was looking for! Can't wait to try it :)

    Zoe xo
    http://www.z0elouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If its exactly what you've been looking for you should definitely go for it! :) x

      Delete
  5. Ooooo I may have to try this :)

    does look good :)

    great blog post !!


    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this face mask sounds so amazing and it sounds like one I need to try! I don't usually use facemasks like this one as I use ones that you have to literally scrub off so this mask sounds great! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried face masks that you rub off, so this was a big difference! But I really liked it :) x

      Delete
  7. I haven't try this kind of masks but I have seen them around lately!! what a cool concept!! great post! x
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool isn't it! I'd never tried them before this! Thanks :) x

      Delete
  8. Love the pattern on this, reminds me of the film Clueless for some reason...haha.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fab! I love charcoal masks, they always make my skin feel so soft. Pretty cool how it's reusable too :) x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mask made my skin feel so so soft :) yeah I thought it was pretty cool too! X

      Delete
  10. haha I wanna try this

    Check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely review! Would also love it if you could check out my latest post on a week of fashion and beauty London! And maybe follow each other too?

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig