Monday, 16 February 2015

Nails of the Week

I said the next "Nails of the Week" wouldn't be too far away, so here it is, and its a bit more of a creative one this time!

These nails were actually inspired by a picture I saw on pinterest (you can follow me HERE) that I desperately wanted to recreate. I love how the nail look turned out as they're something fun and a bit different. I also think this style could be done with lots of different colour duos e.g. black and white, or even do an ombre triangle or ombre base, in fact I've just thought of that and now really want to try it out!

When I have the patience I like doing things a bit different with my nails, and as I don't have the patience very often I take full advantage when I do have it, and therefore come up with more creative nails!

I created this look you're seeing today by painting my whole nail with Essie's Capri nail varnish, a gorgeous light blue, which enhances any bit of tan you may have! Once Essie's Capri was dry I then applied 2 strips of Sellotape on each nail going diagonally across, corner to corner, so they overlapped at the top, but there is a triangle at the base of the nail, I'm now asking myself why I didn't photograph how I applied the tape but it's easy enough to work out!  Once I had the triangle I then painted it using Essie's Penny Talk. To end of this look just coat the nails with your favourite top coat, could even be a matte top coat depending on your colour combination!

Essie - Capri
Sellotape





I'm hoping that my "Nails of the Week" posts will become more creative, although I'm not promising anything as I'll have to see if I have the patience! 

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. This is so creative! I love the colours you've used. My sister done a similar nail art design for me a couple of weeks ago and I loved it! The sellotape really makes it so much easier to get a straight line for the triangle :) x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying something different it's great :) sellotape is fantastic for doing your nails! Xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous nails!
    I wish I had the coordination to do my own!
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ahaha well I don have a lot of coordination so there hope! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love Essie Penny Talk, it looks stunning :) such an amazing manicure! x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous colour isn't it! Thanks :) x

      Delete
  4. your nails look great :) i wish i had the patience to allow the polish to dry :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only have the patience very rarely!

      Delete
  5. They look so cute, lovely colours you paired together x


    http://lauratalksout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so lovely! I always aspire to do some pretty patterns but just never seem to get around to it! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) most of the time I can't be bothered but on rare occasions I get creative with my nails! Xx

      Delete
  7. Anything Essie has a place in my collection. Love what you've done here!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic nail varnishes! Thank you

      Delete
  8. I love this look! I wish I had the patience to do this to my nails haha, the colours are so lovely x

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't always have the patience! X

      Delete
  9. I love that metallic finish against a pastel hue! This is my current obsession. Now I have to get one of those polishes too.

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such gorgeous nail varnishes and I love them together too!

      Delete
  10. Penny talk is the most amazing colour I've ever seen- oh my gosh! Really like this look- very simple but effective xx

    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nails are so cute, and they look easy to make with this design!

    CinderellaStandard.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig