Monday, 17 November 2014

Lips of the Day + MAC Dupe

After posting my Autumn MAC Haul on Thursday, I thought it necessary to do a lips of the day post with the lipstick from that haul, MAC's Diva.

It is safe to say I have fallen in love with this lipstick, it is so perfect for Autumn, and even good for all year round as you can apply a tiny bit to tint your lips for a more subtle look!

Even though this lipstick is a Matte formula it is so creamy and moisturising, which you possibly would not expect! Another amazing point about this lipstick is that it is so pigmented! So after all these points you can probably tell I love this lipstick a lot, and I actually don't have any negative things to say!

One thing I do when applying dark lipsticks is take some of my concealer to give the lipstick a nice clean line on my lips. However, in these photos I clearly didn't do the best job of applying it because my bottom lip looks slightly wonky!


With Flash. 

Without Flash.

With Flash.

Without Flash. 

This is certainly going to be a staple lipstick for me!

However, if you do not want to spend £15.50 on this lipstick I do have a dupe for you at only £4.99! Now the dupe I used to show you the similarities was part of a collection, Sleek's Cranberry lipstick. BUT Sleek's Vamp is exactly the same so if you want a good dupe go for Sleek's Vamp! I just find the with my Sleek lipstick it isn't as creamy and a little drying. The Sleek and MAC lipstick are both Matte.


 With Flash.

 Without Flash.

With Flash. 

Without Flash.


I hope that if you feel the need to buy the MAC lipstick you feel much happier paying £4.99 for the dupe!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. I love Mac Diva, is one of my favorite color for fall, and the sleek one is a really good alternative.

    http://notesofglam95.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous, very happy I purchased it.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty shade! Even though the sleek one is a similar colour you can see which is the more expensive one! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous! Yes it is an amazing dupe, but you can slightly tell! x

      Delete
  3. This lipstick is so beautiful and suits you wonderfully! The dark lip is one of my faves. The Sleek one is such an amazing dupe!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yes dark lip and Autumn/Winter are just so perfect! I thought it was too :)

      Delete
  4. wow both such beautiful colours, they suit you so well!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, and really gorgeous colors, love it! :)

    I followed you, hope you will follow back: esfashionup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely colour! That Sleek dupe is basically perfect, fab find xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I was very happy when I found the dupe xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a beautiful shade ^-^ Perfect for Autumn. Great dupe!
    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect for Autumn, I love dark red lipsticks! Thank you, I was very happy when I found it!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It is a fantastic lipstick for £4.99! I love Sleek makeup :)

      Delete
  9. I love how you did half your lip with Sleek & the other with MAC! Makes it so easy to compare. They really are so similar. MAC Diva is one of my favourite shades! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! They are so similar!! MAC Diva is such a beautiful colour! X

      Delete
  10. I was already lusting after Diva, you've definitely tempted me now! Love your blog x

    Shakira - www.shakirajasminx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should get it! It's fantastic :) thank you :) x

      Delete
  11. The Sleek one is actually a perfect dupe! I love them both, so perfect for AW!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy when I found it so I could share it! Such a big price difference! They are perfect for A/W!

      Delete
  12. You are absolutely gorgeous! I love both of these lippies on you. The dupe is nearly spot on with Mac!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh thank you so much! It is a pretty perfect dupe :) xx

      Delete
  13. Wow just love this post!! I really like MAC Diva for A/W and love how you compared the two as I also like sleek lipsticks at the moment too! They are so similar, I need to get the sleek one :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to think of the best way to compare them :) Sleek is so fantastic! Their makeup is amazing for such a good price! xx

      Delete
  14. I love that you did a dupe for this too, I will probably buy that as I think MAC may be nice but it is slightly out of my price range. Great post. Your pictures are lovely and I love your lashes. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could find a dupe because the MAC on is pricey and not everyone wants to spend that much! Thank you!! xx

      Delete
  15. You've done a great job on this post, very informative and helpful. Now I know that I should get the MAC one instead of the sleek one. I love dupes but here you can tell the difference very easily. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I did find a dupe for people who don't want to spend £15.50! Yes you can tell the difference as the MAC one is slightly more moisturising but the Sleek one is still fantastic :) xx

      Delete
  16. wow, you're unbelievably beautiful !!! *-*
    following you now! hope we can stay in touch.

    x
    dahi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh thank you so so much!! I have followed you back :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig