Tuesday 2 May 2017

Simple Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Sometimes when it comes to baking you've just got to go back to basics and bake something that reminds you of your childhood, something that can totally hit that sweet craving AND something that is super easy to make!
Baring all of that in mind and the fact I was very, very kindly gifted this beautiful Kenwood kMix Mixer (isn't it pretty!!) I thought I would share a very simple chocolate chip cupcake recipe.
Having always been a fan of Kenwood I thought this would be a nice, easy recipe to get to know my new mixer. I am so, so happy with how lovely the mixer is to use and can't wait to share more recipes soon, because I will now officially be using it all the time (it has made me fall in love with baking even more!)

Ingredients: 

100g self-raising flour
100g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
100g plain chocolate chips
Milk Chocolate (Optional)

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 190°and line a 12-hole cupcake or muffin tin with cupcake cases.

Sift the flour into your free-standing mixer, then add the butter, caster sugar and eggs; beat until smooth. Fold in your chocolate chips; on my Kenwood there is a fantastic feature (red arrow on the dial) which will do said folding for you. 

Spoon your mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and a skewer comes out clean. Lift the cupcakes out of cake tin and place on cooling rack to cool.


Meanwhile, if you want to add chocolate to the top of your cupcakes, melt some chocolate over some boiling water on the stove. Once your cupcakes have cooled drizzle the chocolate using a spoon.






Let me know if you try out this recipe and what you think!


Love El

xxx

*This post includes a product that was gifted to me. All opinions are my own and I would never recommend something that I do not truly love.*
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig