Monday 4 July 2016

9 Tricks to combat a flat mood


You can either wake up in a flat mood or they can come on gradually, either way they SUCK!
Recently I've realised that I tend to wake up in a flat mood rather than getting one gradually, and I've also worked out that my flat moods happen because I'm tired.
There could be many reasons why a flat mood can happen to you but these are some tricks I've found that can help to combat a flat mood.
(I've also just come back after a 2 week holiday by the sea and let's say I'm less than pleased to be back home where there's no ocean in sight, so I'll be using these tips!)

1. The first thing I would say is maybe try and figure out why you're in a flat mood! I have figured out that when I get the occasional "meh" mood it is always because I'm tired!

2. Try and do something you love in every day. Now obviously you won't be feeling flat all the time but my dad recently told me that you should try doing something you absolutely love everyday, whether it's something small or big.

3. If you have a free day then maybe arrange to see a best friend, or partner, or a day out with a family member, sometimes you just need to get up and moving!

4. Sticking with the get up and move theme, maybe just go for a walk around your area or even drive to a place you love and take a wander!

5. Totally contradicting the get up and go, maybe what your body needs is a total relax. I feel that as humans we can sometimes push ourselves very hard and do things that wear us out without realising and so you should take some time (a day, an evening, an hour) and relax.

6. I have a massive love for photography, makeup, baking and creating/changing clothes on my sewing machine, and so if I'm feeling flat then I'll just do one of these. Definitely find an activity you love and embrace it!

7. MUSIC! Music is such a massive help to take your mind off anything, although if your flat mood can make you feel down then I wouldn't recommend sad songs, unless you want to cry it all out! But definitely put on your favourite upbeat music and maybe even have a dance around or belt out the lyrics.

8. Drink plenty of water, and get some fruit and veg in you! Your body will seriously appreciate the nutrients and so will your mind. Of course you should be doing this anyway but definitely on a day where your mind is not quite itself it's important to be eating and drinking the right things.

9. Just embrace the flat day! I find flat days can be caused by a number of reasons but for me specifically it's because I'm tired so just embrace it, feel a bit sorry for yourself and remember it's a bad day NOT a bad life.

Love El
xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig