Monday 13 June 2016

Very Easy Vegan Raison Flapjack




Yesterday I ended up doing a little bit of spontaneous baking and whipped up these vegan raison flapjacks. There is a whole mix of random ingredients I threw into our family's staple flapjack recipe (yes we have a staple flapjack recipe) and I thought I would share it with you!

The ingredients:

4.5 oz of Brown Caster Sugar
7.5 oz of Butter (I used a vegan butter - Vitalite)
1.5 tbsp of Golden Syrup
12 oz of Oats
As many Raisons as you see fit (I just dolloped a load in, and kept adding after stirring)
1.5 tsp of Flaxseed
1.5 tsp of Cacao Powder
A splash of Soya Vanilla Drink

The baking steps:

First:

Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a large baking tray.
Melt your sugar, butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan over a low heat.

Second:

Add the oats in a little at a time and keep stirring until they are covered in your sugar, butter and syrup mixture!

Third:

Then add your raisons, flaxseed and cacao powder to the mixture and stir, after stirring I then added more raisons, stirred again and then needed even more raisons!
Then add in a splash of Soya vanilla drink (which is also brilliant for porridge) and stir once more.

Fourth:

Pour and spread you mixture into the baking tray, I pressed the flapjack concoction down using a fork to make sure it was completely even and filled every corner of the tray.
Pop into the oven for 20 mins.

And that's it, it really is so so simple, and you can really alter this recipe however you want to!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig