Thursday, 5 March 2015

Sunset Eyeshadow Tutorial

I cannot believe the last time I did a makeup tutorial post was the 24th of January, that is way too long ago so here is a new one, with lots more to come!

After getting some inspiration from Pinterest I came up with this eye makeup look that I could only describe as looking like a sunset. Now I didn't add anything to my eyelashes because I really wanted this all to be about the eyelids (that sounds really odd!)

Products I used:

  • Sleek - Oh So Special Palette - Buy HERE (my palette is the old version)
  • MAC - Cranberry Eyeshadow - Buy HERE
  • Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow - Buy HERE
  • Rimmel - Exaggerate Eyeliner - Black - Buy HERE

What I did:

The first step I took to create the look was to put the dark brown eyeshadow from my Sleek palette very lightly through the crease, this is being used as a transition colour.

Next I packed my Urban Decay Half Baked shadow all over the lid using my finger to get a true gold colour. I also ran this on my lower lash line.

Then using Cranberry, I ran this through my crease and blended out the edges to make sure it was seamless and had a smokey look to it. I applied this to the outer third of my lower lash line.

After realising the berry shade had gone over the gold I started to pack more gold and blend the two together so it was seamless. 

Once I had reached my desired look I added some winged liner and that was my final look!

I really think the berry shade and gold compliment each other very nicely and I hope you like this look.














The colours haven't come out as vibrant on camera but I love this look, it really does remind me of a sunset.

Love El
xxx
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. This is beautiful El! Just love the contrast and it really does look like a sunset, just beautiful <3

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who thought it looked like a sunset :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous, love the shades you used x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words cannot describe how happy I am that I've come across your blog! I've actually fallen in love with the style and the posts, so good!! Love this tutorial as well, look forward to more posts.

    Hannah,

    justmycouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your comment, that is s lovely of you to say :)

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! You've blended in the eyshadows so nicely and I think it looks just like a sunset too! I have Cranberry from Mac so I might recreate this! So stunning.x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm glad you can see the sunset look to it as well! You totally should :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love it, its so beautiful

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning eyeshadow look! I adore that warm shade in the crease :D

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Always fun to try something new :)

      Delete
  7. Pinterest is just the best for a bit on inspo, and I just love this look. Cant beat a bit of gold!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pinterest so much! Wish I could take pictures and do makeup like the people on Pinterest :)

      Delete
  8. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!This images look fab, really lovely blog! x

    www.stylepetal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous makeup look! It looks great through these pictures and probably even more beautiful in real life! You always write great tutorials, x!

    Becky xx // undertheseabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a lovely comment :) x

      Delete
  11. Just a heads up, I nominated you for the Versatile award. Check out my blog for more info

    http://theluxedition.blogspot.com/2015/03/versatile-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw! I really want to get that gorgeous 'Cranberry' eyeshadow! This is a beautiful look- great job!

    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig